Education Support Svcs Specialist (4A)/ Practicum Education Program Coordinator
The School of Social Work at the University of Iowa invites applications for a Practicum Education Program Coordinator (Education Support Services Specialist/Paygrade 4A).This position works under the direction of the Practicum Education Director to support student success when preparing for, entering, and completing social work practicum at the bachelor’s and master’s levels.Involved in this position are training practicum students and supervisors, providing practicum and academic advising, extensively using an online practicum management system, and serving as a practicum instructor and liaison to practicum sites.
The position is anticipated to begin in March 2024. Salary is $58,000 to commensurate. For information on how to apply, please visit http://jobs.uiowa.edu/ and reference requisition #24001668. Electronic attachments to the online application include a letter of interest, resume and a list of 3 references.Question can be directed to Sylvia Gomez at email@example.com .
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), disability, genetic information, status as a U.S. veteran, service in the U.S. military, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preferences.
- Current license at the Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) level or comparable.
- Two years post-MSW clinical social work experience minimum.
- Prior experience as a practicum instructor.
- Knowledge of and commitment to National Association of Social Work (NASW) Code of Ethics and the Council of Social Work Education’s (CSWE) standards and competencies is essential.
- Working experience and knowledge of Office Suite (Word, EXCEL, etc).
- Demonstrated ability and/or experience using online data management systems.
- Detail-oriented, particularly in projects related to data entry and data management.
- Experience preparing and presenting workshops and presentations in person and/or virtually.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to meet University of Iowa Fleet Services standards.
- Current license at Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) level or comparable is desired.
- 4 or more semesters as a practicum instructor.
MERCYONE DES MOINES & DES MOINES SUBURBS ARE HIRING: LISW, LMFT, LMHC
Your Best Life.Our One Purpose.
Join the MercyOne Team as a full-time Licensed Independent Social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, or Licensed Marriage Family Therapist. Make a meaningful impact on residents in the Des Moines area as an outpatient therapist in a family practice clinic. This position will give you the opportunity to run your clinic like a private practice with unlimited referral sources that includes onsite billing and administrative support.
Highly Competitive Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Compensation Package. Salary Range = $65,500 - $70,250 based on experience. In addition to the base salary, Potential Compensation Incentive
- Continue Education Stipend
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 403 (b) retirement program with employer contribution and employer matching; optional
- Benefits start on day one of employment.
- Autonomous work environment that mimics that of private practice, without the added expense or administrative burden
- Salary range is $65,500 - $70,250 based on number years of experience. There is also a production compensation incentive.
CLICK HERE FOR OUTPATIENT LISW Des Moines SUBURBS
Outpatient Social Worker- Des Moines Suburbs job in DES MOINES, Iowa, 50314 | Accountable Care jobs at MercyOne (trinity-health.org)
CLICK HERE FOR OUTPATIENT LISW Des Moines
Outpatient Social Worker- Des Moines job in DES MOINES, Iowa, 50314 | Accountable Care jobs at MercyOne (trinity-health.org)
Licensed Social Workers
Open Hearts Therapy is growing! We provide quality mental health care to children, their adults and their families. We are seeking to hire licensed Social Workers who enjoy working with children and families from birth through the lifespan. If you’re interested in working in a supportive, playful and client centered atmosphere please contact us!
In this role, individuals will be required to provide mental health therapy services to clients. Job duties include:
- Maintain a full-time case load of 20/week.
- Conduct regular appointments with clients
- Develop and implement treatment plans
- Provide ongoing therapy services with clients
- Educate and involve family members or other loved ones in the treatment process as appropriate.
- Maintain adequate and timely notes about client sessions
- Identify and make appropriate referrals for additional services.
- Maintain all required licenses and the appropriate insurance
Requirements and qualifications:
- Minimum of a Master's degree in counseling, social work, or a related field
- Meet all necessary state licensure requirements
- Excellent interpersonal communication and active listening skills
- Solid relationship-building capabilities
- A positive and compassionate attitude
- Willingness to stay updated on new treatments, protocols, and licensure requirements within the field
- Desire/interest in working with children at any age is a benefit
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are a benefit
Benefits include a compassionate, relaxed, and fun working environment as well as:
- Pay rate is 60% of insurance reimbursement for independently licensed providers.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Clinical supervision available to individuals working towards full licensure
- This is a full time position but you will have control over your schedule
- Continuing education funds are available
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Work Specialist I / Social Work Specialist II – Interventional, OCD - Department of Psychiatry
The University of Iowa
Hospitals and Clinics Department of Psychiatry is seeking a
or a Social Work Specialist II (LISW required) to
provide very specialized therapy services as part of the Interventional
Psychiatry team. This position will be part of a multidisciplinary team,
providing therapeutic intervention according to a specific treatment protocol.
The medical providers on the team will oversee delivery of deep brain
stimulation and transcranial magnetic stimulation, which are both used for
treating patients with medication-refractory OCD and are a growing subspecialty
field of Psychiatry. This position will also provide general psychotherapy
services in the Adult Psychiatry outpatient clinic including specialized
outpatient treatment of adults with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
The University of Iowa, Department of Psychiatry offers
competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a collegial professional
environment. As an academic medical center, we highly value diverse
learning experiences and we encourage continuing education and training
opportunities both internally as well as externally to the University.
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics has been recognized as one of the
best hospitals in the United States and is Iowa's only comprehensive academic
medical center and regional referral center. We are committed to
providing patient-focused care—available to every person, around the clock—in
an environment devoted to innovative care, excellent service, and exceptional
If you are seeking an excellent salary, benefits, and an
outstanding working environment with access to a large array of resources,
consider being a part of this interesting and exciting place to work!
Percent of time: 50-100%
Salary range: $62,000 to commensurate
For a complete list of qualifications and
to apply for this position, please visit The University of Iowa website at:
Search for recruitment 23004578
(Social Work Specialist I) and recruitment 23004791 (Social Work Specialist
Social Worker III / Social Work Specialist I – Addiction and Recovery Services - Department of Psychiatry
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Psychiatry is seeking a Social Worker III (LSW) or a Social Work Specialist 1 (LISW required) to provide advanced social work practice and therapy skills on the Addiction Medicine Service. The Addiction and Recovery Services program at the University of Iowa provides a spectrum of care to people at all stages of recovery from substance use disorders, including those with co-occurring mental health conditions. Our services include a partial hospital/dual diagnosis program, intensive outpatient program, extended outpatient program, and relapse prevention. We also operate a chemical dependency consultation service for hospitalized inpatients at UIHC, programs for impaired professionals, OWI mandatory treatment, and outpatient care.
This position works with an interdisciplinary team of healthcare professional trainees and staff clinicians to provide advanced social work practice skills in areas of individual, group and family psychotherapy, program development, teaching and training, research and public education. The successful candidate will collaborate with a variety of health care professionals to affect treatment options and assist in the coordination of social work activities related to the treatment of patients with substance use and/or mental health disorders and will contribute to the social work profession, building on social work education and experience to enhance department initiatives and patient experience.
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Iowa provides a comprehensive array of clinical services for individuals across the lifespan with mental health challenges. Our multidisciplinary approach includes psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, social workers, occupational and recreational therapists, and others. We work collaboratively with patients and families to help achieve optimally satisfying and productive lives.
If you are seeking an excellent salary, benefits, and an outstanding working environment with access to a large array of resources, consider being a part of this interesting and exciting place to work!
Percent of time: 50-100%
Salary ranges: SWIII $58,740 to commensurate, SWSI $62,000 to commensurate
For a complete list of qualifications and to apply for this position, please visit The University of Iowa website at: https://jobs.uiowa.edu/
Search for recruitment 23003805 (Social Worker III) and recruitment 23003766 (Social Work Specialist).
Clinical Social Worker Opportunity
- Conduct assessments to determine mental health needs and develop treatment plans
- Provide individual therapy sessions to clients
- Perform diagnostic evaluations and develop comprehensive treatment plans
- Utilize evidence-based practices and therapeutic techniques to address mental health concerns
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to provide coordinated care
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client records and documentation
- Monitor client progress and make adjustments to treatment plans as necessary
- Master's degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or related field
- Valid state licensure as a LISW or LMHC
- Proficiency in ICD-10 coding for accurate diagnosis and billing purposes
- Experience in conducting assessments and developing treatment plans
- Strong knowledge of various therapeutic modalities and techniques
- Ability to provide clinical counseling services to individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Willingness to treat all ages of clients is a plus
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $65,623.34 - $79,030.26 per year
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Employee assistance program, Flexible schedule
Schedule:Choose your own hours
Work setting:Hybrid work, Office, Outpatient, Private practice, Telehealth
Work Location: Hybrid remote/in office in West Des Moines, IA 50266
As a Mental Health Therapist with Counseling Associates of Central Iowa, you will play a vital role in providing compassionate care and support to individuals experiencing mental health challenges. You will have autonomy with support and a built-in referral source. You will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of your clients by utilizing your expertise in mental health counseling and diagnostic evaluation. If you are passionate about helping others and have the necessary qualifications, we invite you to apply for this rewarding position by contacting Nathan DeLange by email at email@example.com or phone at (515) 255-2224.