Listed below are job openings submitted by advertisers for publication on NASW-IA's website. Publication of an advertisement does not constitute endorsement or approval by NASW-IA of any product or services advertised, any point of view, standard, or opinion presented therein. NASW is not responsible for any claims made in an advertisement appearing on this website.
CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, DIRECTOR OF FIELD EDUCATION POSITION IN SOCIAL WORK
POSITION TO BEGIN JULY 1, 2021
The University of Iowa, School of Social Work seeks a clinical assistant professor (12-month appointment) to direct the field education program, teach, and engage in professional productivity and service. The School offers programs at the B.A., M.S.W., and Ph.D. levels with faculty scholarship foci in the areas of aging, child welfare, mental health, and culturally competent social work practice. In addition to programs on our main Iowa City campus, the School maintains MSW programs in Des Moines, Quad Cities and Sioux City, and a hybrid program serving all of Iowa and surrounding states. We are seeking a person to provide leadership for the field education program, including administering the Iowa City field education program and working collaboratively with field education administrators at our distance education sites. This position is based in Iowa City with occasional travel to other centers. For more information on the School’s many resources and programs, see our homepage at http://clas.uiowa.edu/socialwork. (Requisition #74026)
- MSW from a CSWE accredited program.
- A minimum of three years post-graduate level practice experience.
- Demonstrated potential for teaching in social work.
- Experience in administration or program development.
- Potential for professional productivity through such activities as conference presentations, professional consultation, outreach activities, publications, membership in state or regional boards or professional organizations.
- Demonstrated experience working with students, colleagues and/or communities of BIPOC individuals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to meet University of Iowa Fleet Services standards.
- Knowledge of Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Educational Policy and Academic Standards pertaining to field education.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate human diversity and cultural competence in teaching, administration, and service.
- LMSW or LISW (or equivalent) social work licensure in current state of residence/employment.
- Prior experience in social work field education.
- Five or more years post-graduate level practice experience.
The School of Social Work and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences are strongly committed to gender and ethnic diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The University of Iowa is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Salary range will be $70,000 to commensurate.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their materials immediately, as application review will begin December 1, 2020. All materials must be submitted online at https://jobs.uiowa.edu/jobSearch/faculty/ . Refer to requisition number #74026. Do not mail paper applications. A curriculum vitae, letter of application describing your interest, preparation, and vision for leadership in social work field education, and statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion must be attached to the online application. Also submit to the Search Committee Chair three professional reference letters which address leadership, teaching and other abilities and your professional accomplishments. For inquiries about the position please contact the Search Committee Chair:
Stephen Cummings, MSW, ACSW, LISW, Clinical Associate Professor
University of Iowa
School of Social Work
308 North Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242
The School of Social Work and the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences are strongly committed to diversity; the strategic plans of the University and College reflect this commitment. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Care Coordinator (Bilingual Candidates Preferred!)
Seasons is a comprehensive Behavioral Health Center offering a broad range of psychiatric and behavioral health services to communities in Northwest Iowa. We are excited to be participating in the SAMHSA Suicide Prevention Grant Project, allowing our staff to receive specialized training and provide suicide prevention, outreach and specialized services to our communities, specifically focusing on victims of domestic violence, farmers & ag-related workers, and immigrants & refugees in Northwest Iowa. As the largest behavioral health provider in the area, we are committed to providing Innovative, Impactful, and Influential services to the communities we serve. Help us make a difference – join our team today!
We are currently seeking a full-time Care Coordinator.
The Care Coordinator will:
- Create a caring and healing environment for clients and families from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Advocate for and assist victims of domestic violence in securing safe shelter, transitional, and/or permanent housing in an atmosphere that is sensitive to their unique needs
- Work closely with local victim services agencies, shelters, and other community agencies to ensure access to safe housing, understanding unique conditions related to COVID-19
- Utilize evidence-based, trauma-informed, and family-centered programs with fidelity
- Coordinate with both internal and external care providers to ensure clients are connected with the services they need
- Assist clients with enrollment into the program, including all necessary documentation
- Provide community education and outreach to raise awareness about available services
- Bilingual candidates are preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or a related field is required
- 1-3 years’ experience working with victims of domestic violence preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience working with clients from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds preferred
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills; understand issues of violence against women and children, poverty, and homelessness; knowledge of chemical dependency and mental health issues
- Some travel is required for this position, so a valid driver’s license is required
This is a full-time position that could be based out of several of our Northwest Iowa locations, including Spencer, Sheldon, Sioux Center, Storm Lake, and Spirit Lake. Salary Range is $37,000-$42,000/year. For more information, please visit us at www.seasonscenter.org or contact our human resources department at 800-242-5101.
Seasons Center for Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Benefits available to all eligible employees are available at the bottom of the careers tab at www.seasonscenter.org.
Youth & Family Services Director / Multicultural Services Assistant Director
YWCA of Black Hawk County
YOUTH & FAMILY SERVICES DIRECTOR
YWCA Black Hawk County seeks individual to provide leadership, direction and oversight to programs serving families and children; middle school-aged females; and immigrant and refugee families. A bachelor’s degree in social work, family services, or related field is required; Master’s degree is preferred. Three - five years relevant experience in individual and group direct service provision; staff supervision; program evaluation and credentialing; data collection and reporting; program development; and community partnerships and collaborations.Requires excellent communication and management skills.Must pass criminal and child abuse background checks. Some evenings.
EOE Full-time Exempt with full benefits. Starting salary
$41,600 per year
Send resume and cover letter by November 16, 2020 to:
Lucinda Mohr, Executive Director
YWCA Black Hawk County
425 Lafayette Street
Waterloo, IA 50703
MULTICULTURAL SERVICES ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
YWCA Black Hawk County seeks individual to provide case management, translation/interpretation and English language instruction to immigrant and refugee population. Full-time with benefits; some evenings required.Must be fluent in Spanish and English (verbal/written); two years relevant work experience; degree in human services preferred.Must pass criminal and child abuse background checks.
EOE, Starting Salary $15 per hour.
Send resume and cover letter by November 16, 2020 to:
Cyndi Ritter, YFS Director
YWCA Black Hawk County
425 Lafayette Street
Waterloo, IA 50703
For over 80 years, Catholic Charities has been providing quality mental health services. Come join an outstanding team of professionals who share a passion for empowering individuals and strengthening families! Our therapists are master’s level mental health professionals that specialize in treating children, adolescents and adults to provide the highest level of care for individuals and families.
- Provides quality mental health counseling services in a confidential, caring, and supportive environment
- Builds and maintains a caseload schedule that is conducive to appropriate clinical service productivity standards
- Completes diagnostic assessments and formulate treatment plans
- Designs and implements treatment plans reflective of individual/child/family needs
- Master's degree from accredited social work, mental health counseling, or marriage and family therapy program.
- Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) preferred. Temporary licensure may also be considered.
- Ability to work in a positive and cooperative fashion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in the use of computers, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and demonstrate EHR proficiency
- Demonstrate familiarity with video conference and tele-therapy systems
- Bilingual English-Spanish candidates are encouraged to apply!
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
- 35-hour work week, flexible schedules available
- 120 hours of vacation at the completion of one year, 105 hours of sick leave accrued annually, and 11 paid holidays
- Medical and Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Flex Spending Plan, and employer-paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) with employer matching
Question: Shelly Starbuck, Director of Human Resources and Operations
Ph: 515-237-5096 | Fax: 515-237-5099
Adel Mental Health--Adel
We are a friendly, welcoming team of three therapists looking to add a private practice clinician to our team. We are all our own independent practices, there is no fee split and we share overhead costs such as rent and office supplies. There is a potential to inherit several clients right away from our current team as well as from referrals, so building a caseload will potentially happen quickly. The ideal candidate is licensed in the state of Iowa and credentialed with several insurance providers, or willing/able to become credentialed.We prefer candidates who are able to carry a full-time caseload (around 20 sessions per week), but we are willing to consider part-time candidates. We are seeking a clinician who can treat a range of diagnosis and is able to work with clients of many ages and stages.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 515-993-1922.