Senate Human Resources Committee is meeting
Thurs. 6-4 at 10:15 am
HF 2192, a bill on telehealth is on the agenda for discussion.
This bill is very likely to be amended so please watch this space for updates.
Please email your state Senator about this bill and tell them at 100% of in-office reimbursement rate is very important for mental health providers and why. Here are some talking points:
- I am writing about the sections of the Governor’s proclamation on the use of telehealth and reimbursement rates for telehealth, which are scheduled to expire on 6-26-2020.
- I hope that the Iowa State Legislature will make these details in her proclamation permanent, beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Choose one of these to elaborate on, to help your legislators understand why 100% of office visit rates are important:
- Tell the legislators how telehealth has worked well for you in your social work practiced
- Explain why telehealth is just as expensive for you to provide as in office visits and relate it to how this helps you serve your clients, if that is the case
- Explain the administrative burden
If you have time for 1 email:
Find your State Senator:
Please be sure to email your legislators if they are Republicans. Of course this is a bi-partisan issue, but the Republicans are in the majority, so they have the power.
Be sure to include your name and address. It is OK to email the state legislators who will be working on these types of bills even if you don’t live or work in their districts.
Here is a list of the members of the Human Resources Committee with their email addresses. (Emails are best right now – we have heard through partners that the Capitol Switchboard is VERY busy)