Clinical Supervision in Social Work: Monitoring and Mentoring Social Work Practitioners
Initial 6.0 Supervision
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION
This NASW-IA sponsored comprehensive 6-hour workshop addresses the most critical issues for the clinical supervisor in social work. This is a live webinar that will be conducted in real-time. This is not a pre-recorded event.
Key concepts to be covered include:
- Responsibilities and models of supervision
- Iowa regulatory requirements and the supervision plan
- Parallel process and effectively evaluating and improving supervision
- In addition, research examining at supervision will be explored
Through presentation, large group and small group discussions, the following aspects of supervision will be explored in this training:
- The purpose, role, and functions of supervision
- Theories and models of supervision
- Oversight and guidance of supervisees who diagnose, create treatment plans, and treat clients
- Individual supervision facilitation
- Parallel process and the importance of modeling strengths-based principles in supervision
- A review of literature regarding the practice of supervision in social work
Presenter: Joe Nemmers received his MSW from the University of Iowa in 1992. His work experience includes Direct Care Youth Worker at Annie Wittenmeyer in Davenport; Foster Care Worker at Polk County DHS; Individual and Family Therapist at Orchard Place; Private Practice with Kavalier and Associates in West Des Moines, Iowa and Supervisor of the Community Mental Health Center with Hillcrest Family Services in Dubuque. Currently, Joe is the Clinical Supervisor for Eyerly Ball in Des Moines.
NASW-IA has determined that this program meets the criteria of the Iowa Board of Social Work for 6.0 hours of continuing education for Licensed Independent Social Workers who will be performing clinical supervision for LMSWs working to become LISWs.
WHO DO I CONTACT WITH MY QUESTIONS?
- Trouble registering for an event? Contact InReach Tech Support at the contact information at the bottom of this page.
- Can’t log in to your NASW Member account? Contact NASW Member Services at 800-742-4089 or email@example.com.
- Questions about event content or access, or need to cancel or request a refund? Contact NASW-IA directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-635-5184.