Clinical Supervision in Social Work: Monitoring and Mentoring Social Work Practitioners
Initial 6.0 Supervision
Click here for registration
This NASW-IA sponsored comprehensive 6-hour workshop addresses the most critical issues for the clinical supervisor in social work.
Key concepts to be covered include:
- Responsibilities and models of supervision
- Iowa regulatory requirements and the supervision plan
- Parallel process and effectively evaluating and improving supervision
- In addition, research examining at supervision will be explored
Through presentation, large group and small group discussions, the following aspects of supervision will be explored in this training:
- The purpose, role, and functions of supervision
- Theories and models of supervision
- Oversight and guidance of supervisees who diagnose, create treatment plans, and treat clients
- Individual supervision facilitation
- Parallel process and the importance of modeling strengths-based principles in supervision
- A review of literature regarding the practice of supervision in social work
Presenter: Myke Selha, LISW, MSW is an assistant professor and the field education director for the Grand View University BSW program. Prior to academia, Myke has worked in private practice, rural community mental health centers as both a clinical social worker and as an Executive Director, and in non-profit management. Mr. Selha is a former Iowa-NASW Chapter President. He was also a member of the Standards Setting Task Force for the ASWB Clinical Licensure Exam. He is a frequent presenter for workshops on ethics, clinical supervision, and LGBTQ cultural competence.
NASW-IA has determined that this program meets the criteria of the Iowa Board of Social Work for 6.0 hours of continuing education for Licensed Independent Social Workers who will be performing clinical supervision for LMSWs working to become LISWs.
For additional information please contact Kimberlee Gregory at 515-635-5184 or email email@example.com
Please note that NASW-Iowa Chapter charges a $25.00 administrative fee for all cancellations.
WHO DO I CONTACT WITH MY QUESTIONS?