Clinical Supervision in Social Work: Monitoring and Mentoring Social Work Practitioners
Initial 6.0 Supervision
CLICK HERE FOR REGITRATION
This NASW-IA sponsored comprehensive 6-hour workshop addresses the most critical issues for the clinical supervisor in social work.
Key concepts to be covered include:
- Responsibilities and models of supervision
- Iowa regulatory requirements and the supervision plan
- Parallel process and effectively evaluating and improving supervision
- In addition, research examining at supervision will be explored
Through presentation, large group and small group discussions, the following aspects of supervision will be explored in this training:
- The purpose, role, and functions of supervision
- Theories and models of supervision
- Oversight and guidance of supervisees who diagnose, create treatment plans, and treat clients
- Individual supervision facilitation
- Parallel process and the importance of modeling strengths-based principles in supervision
- A review of literature regarding the practice of supervision in social work
Myke Selha, LISW, MSW is an assistant professor and the field education director for the Grand View University BSW program. Prior to academia, Myke has worked in private practice, rural community mental health centers as both a clinical social worker and as an Executive Director, and in non-profit management. Mr. Selha is a former Iowa-NASW Chapter President. He was also a member of the Standards Setting Task Force for the ASWB Clinical Licensure Exam. He is a frequent presenter for workshops on ethics, clinical supervision, and LGBTQ cultural competence.
WHO DO I CONTACT WITH MY QUESTIONS?
- Trouble registering for an event? Contact InReach Tech Support at the contact information at the bottom of this page.
- Can’t log in to your NASW Member account? Contact NASW Member Services at 800-742-4089 or email@example.com.
- Questions about event content or access, or need to cancel or request a refund? Contact NASW-IA directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-635-5184.