NASW Iowa PACE announces endorsements in 2022 Iowa races
After reviewing information from and about many campaigns across Iowa, the volunteer members of the NASW Iowa PACE committee has made endorsements in several key races this election season.
We have endorsed campaigns focused on improving the mental health of all Iowans, repairing our broken healthcare systems, building a more welcoming and inclusive state, and protecting the rights of all Iowans.
NASW Iowa PACE has endorsed and given a donation to the following candidates:
-For Governor Deidre Dejear
- State Senate District 14, representing parts of eastern Dallas County including Waukee, West Des Moines, Van Meter, Adel, and part of Clive, Rev. Sarah Trone Garriott.
- State Senate District 21, representing Northeast Ankeny, Todd Brady
- State Senate District 23, representing northern and eastern Polk County including Bondurant, Alleman, Granger, Grimes, and Polk City, Matt Pries.
-State Senate District 29, representing parts of Floyd, Chickasaw, Butler, and Bremer Counties including Charles City, Waverly, Nashua, Aplington and Parkersburg, Jenn Wolff
- State House District 31, representing parts of West Des Moines, Mary Madison
- State House District 30, representing southern Des Moines, Megan Srinivas
- State House District 42, representing parts of Ankeny, Heather Matson
NASW Iowa PACE has also endorsed the following candidates:
-Treasurer, Michael Fitzgerald
- State Senate District 16, representing southwestern Polk County, including parts of Windsor Heights and Clive, Claire Celsi
- State Senate District 39, representing southern Cedar Rapids, Liz Bennett
- State Senate District 41, representing Cedar and portions of Scott and Muscatine Counties, Deb Vandergaast
- State Senate District 43, representing northeastern Johnson County including Coralville and North Liberty, Zach Wahls
- State House District 1, representing western Sioux City, J.D. Scholten
- State House District 32, representing Windsor Heights and part of Clive, Jennifer Konfrst
- State House District 43, representing Johnston, Suresh Reddy
We encourage members of NASW Iowa to support these candidates and have included links to their campaign websites so members can learn more, attend an event with them, host an event for the candidate, and make individual contributions to their campaigns.
NASW PACE has endorsed the following federal candidates
Cindy Axne (IA-3) for U.S. Congress
Christina Bohannan (IA-1) for U.S. Congress
Additionally, NASW Iowa PACE recommends a NO vote on Public Measure #1.
For more information on Public Measure #1 go to